RESCHEDULED to Monday, April 30th 2018 @ 7:00 PM
Park Sports Physical Therapy – Park Slope
142 Prospect Park West
Brooklyn, NY 11215
The presentation will be given by Boris Gilzon, PT, DPT, OCS, CHT owner of Park Sports PT, an avid runner and triathlete alongside Julie Petrusak, NASM Certified Personal Trainer, and director of the Rev up to Run! Training Program at of Pongo Power.
Join Park Sports Physical Therapy and Pongo Power for a free injury prevention workshop geared towards runners.
Here are a few topics that will be covered during the workshop:
- The Physical Demands of Running – What happens to your muscles and joints during a long run.
- Common Running Injuries – How they occur & how to prevent them.
- Self-Treatment – We’ll cover the basics of icing, stretching, rest periods, and what problems to look out for.
- Knowing When to Seek Medical Attention – Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Becoming an optimal runner. The efficiency of muscles, structural balance, and building up endurance.
- Technique and proper form.
- How to safely increase mileage during training.
- How to become a faster runner the safe way.
- Benefits of cross training
Space is limited to 25 people. Reserve your spot today!
Questions? Contact us by calling 718.230.1180 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org