Alexandra, as a multisport athlete from her early years, has a special interest and expertise in injury prevention and rehab for athletes. She holds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Long Island University, and lives, coaches, and now practices in Brooklyn.
Areas of expertise
- Athletic conditioning, injury rehab and prevention
- Treatment of lower extremities
- Rotator cuff and shoulder treatment
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Long Island University, graduated with honors, 2020
- Bachelor of Science, Health and Physical Education, Oakland City University, Oakland Indiana, 2016
- Georgia Military College, Associate Degree, 2013
- Nominated for Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 2015-2016
Alexandra is focused on creating a special relationship with her patients of all ages. She has developed a caring approach to pediatric care, geriatric care, and is always delighted with success when working with adolescents.
Ms. Schechner places great importance on understanding and treating women and girls’ health, a central concern of Park Sports Physical Therapy. Sports injuries, she points out, contribute to the disproportionately high rate of hip and ankle injury among women, for example.
Alexandra remains active in athletics in Brooklyn, and as Head Soccer Coach of the Park Slope United team.
Why I was drawn to physical therapy?
“As an athlete, I am indebted to the art and science of physical therapy. I’ve seen wonderful physical therapists virtually all my life, and if it wasn’t for them I couldn’t have kept playing.”