Are you looking for pediatric physical therapy in Fort Greene? If so, please read below to learn more about our specialists and services.
Physical therapy for kids (pediatric PT), is a specialized service within the physical therapy profession. Just like some medical doctors specialize in pediatrics, some physical therapists (PTs) become pediatric PTs as well.
Our pediatric physical therapists are licensed healthcare providers and work with kids to:
- Achieve independence,
- Facilitate learning opportunities,
- Increase strength and endurance,
- Increase participation in function, family life and social play,
- Make caregiving for parents easier,
- Improve motor development and function.
Our Pediatric Physical Therapy in Fort Greene is Appropriate for the Following
We specialize in the evaluation and treatment of:
- Autism disorders
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Delays
- Down syndrome
- JRA (Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)
- MD (Muscular Dystrophy)
- Neurologic and neuromuscular conditions
- Orthopedic problems
- Pulmonary disorders
- Spina bifida
The pediatric physical therapists at Park Sports PT are specially trained to provide the following treatments:
- Developmental activities
- Movement and mobility
- Motor learning
- Balance and coordination
- Recreation, play, and leisure
- Adaptation of daily care activities and routines
- Equipment design, fabrication, and fitting
- Tone management
- Use of assistive technology
- Posture, positioning, and lifting
- Orthotics and prosthetics
- Cardiopulmonary endurance
- Safety, health promotion, and prevention programs
What Happens During Your First Visit?
After you have scheduled an initial evaluation at the Fort Greene area office, you should arrive about 20 minutes before your scheduled time with the therapist. We will have you fill out the appropriate paperwork. (Note, we will verify and inform you of your insurance benefits beforehand).
One of our pediatric therapists will perform a thorough evaluation of your child including:
- Taking a past medical history,
- Exploring current challenges your child is having,
- Problems with daily activities, and
- What you and your child hope to achieve with physical therapy treatment (i.e. goal setting).
- The PT will then perform a detailed physical and functional evaluation to assess your child’s limitations.
- Finally, she will go over a treatment plan with you (and communicate it to your child if they are capable of understanding it too).
Care for Your Child is Extremely Personal – We Encourage You to Contact Us Today
There’s nothing more important to a mother and father than the wellbeing of their child. We understand it is a very sensitive issue and we are here to help. Please contact us to learn more about our pediatric physical therapy in Fort Greene.
You Can Call Us at (718) 230-1180