At Park Sports Physical Therapy we are always on the lookout for talented specialists who will be able to help our patients dealing with specific conditions and injuries.
We would like to introduce you all to our newest pelvic floor therapist, Irene Hernandez, DPT
Your pelvic floor plays a major role in controlling urination and bowel movements. For many women, incontinence, or the inability to control the bladder releasing urine, is a common problem, especially after childbirth. Unfortunately, due to the nature of this condition, many people do not address pelvic floor dysfunction. New mothers, expecting mothers, and men living in Brooklyn will now have access to Pelvic Floor Therapy.
Our Pelvic Floor Therapist can help patients suffering from the following:
- Pregnancy: pelvic and/or back pain, pubis symphisis dysfunction, swelling and varicosities in legs and genital area
- Bladder dysfunction: incontinence of urine, excessive frequency and / or urgency of urination, painful or difficult urination (start stop, incomplete)>
- Bowel dysfunction: incontinence of feces or gas, constipation due to tightness and not associated to dietary of GI problems
- Ongoing pain in your pelvic region, genitals, or rectum.
- Endometriosis pain: A disorder in which tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus.
- Pain during or after intercourse in male and female: vaginismus, vulvodyinia, vestibulodynia, pain with erection or ejaculation, erectile dysfunction caused by muscle tightness
- Prolapse of female organs: descend of uterus, bladder or rectum into the vagina
- Post-opt prostatectomy: rehabilitation of pelvic floor for men
If you want to learn more about pelvic floor therapy and if you would like to know if you need this specialized form of care, please contact us by calling us at (718) 230-1180 or filling out the form below.